This workout is to be done straight through as fast as you can. Utilize breaks when you need them during the reps. Time yourself and post you time in the Facebook group. I’ll be posting something for you to post your times under!!! Good Luck!!!!
DANA BROOKE WOD - For Time (record your time)
GOAL: under 30mins
1. TS* BOOTY BLASTER CIRCUIT: 3 Rounds x 20 each
NOTE: Glute Bridge Abduction, you sty in a glute bridge and just do the abductions.
2. 1.5 Rep Reverse Hack Squat
NOTE: NOTE: For the Reverse Hack, hinge at the hips and really let your butt drift back instead of straight down. Since its 1.5 rep, go down, come up halfway, back down, then all the way up.
3. Barbell Sumo Deadlifts
NOTE: If you would rather do these using a single dumbbell, that is totally fine. I would elevate up on two steps so you have better range of motion. These are higher reps but use heavy enough weight and really concentrate on getting those hips forward and squeeze your butt at the top.
4. SS* Vertical Leg Press / Lying Leg Curls
NOTE: If you do not have a vertical leg press, you can do this on a smith machine lying on the floor OR just do Leg Press with your feet high.
5. SS* Hip Banded DB or BB RDL / Banded or Weighted Hyperextensions
NOTE: Attach band around a pole, then place band in you hip crease. As you lean forward for the RDL, the band will actually help pull your butt back so that you are folding over the band. The band will help your RDL form plus make your but work hard at the top.
NOTE: The Hypers are either banded and drop set to bodyweight OR use a weight and just hug it at your chest then drop set to bodyweight. Make sure the pad for the hyperextensions is low. It should be positioned at your hips. You want to ROUND your upper back over so that your head stays below your hip. for the whole movement!!! It will make a huge difference.
1. SS* Close Grip Push-Up / Underhand Pull-ups
NOTE: Close grip push-up keep elbows close to your body, don't let them go wide
2. SS* Incline EZ Bar Spider Curl / Incline DB Close Grip Hex Press
Spider Curl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvufDW-MSQk
Close Grip Hex Press: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTtoMu4tz_I
3. SS* Alternating ISO HOLD DB Lying Skull Cruser / ISO Hold DB Curl
NOTE: Alternating Lying Skull Crusher, one arm stay in the extension, other are perform skull crusher, when it get to the top, arms switch. Alternating DB Curls, one arm stays in a FLEXED Hold. Start with arms up in a curl, one goes down and comes back up, then switch. 8-10 with each arm.
4. SS* Lying Cable Curl / Cable Tricep Pushdowns
5. ABS : 30 each exercise x 3 rounds
HERE IS THE FULL AB CIRCUIT: https://www.instagram.com/p/CHRYa2ng98O/?igshid=mpj7lyvq68xr
1. TS* Incline facing butterfly raise / Incline Facing W-Raise / Incline Facing Rear Fly
2. Machine Seated Shoulder Press
NOTE: If you don’t have a machine, Plate Loaded, or Smith machine, just do seated DB or BB Shoulder Press. Going as heavy as you can for these.
3. SS* DB or Lateral Raise Machine / Resistance Band Pulsing Laterals
NOTES: Random Selection Dropset, the goal is 40 reps, you have to get 40 reps in as many or as little drops to the weight. I try to start at a different weight every set, do as many reps as I can and drop (sometimes by one plate sometimes by 3). I try to make each set different, but end on 40 reps. Then after 40 reps you grab a band and od pulsing lateral raises to failure. I gab the lightest one and just do as many as you can, which might not be very many lol.
4. Half Kneeling DB or KB Shoulder press to Windmill press
NOTE: Watch this for the Windmill portion
You will add a shoulder press on each rep. So press the dumbbell up, then reach down, keeping eyes on dumbbell, reach down touch palm to the ground, then back up. As you come back you will slowly lower dumbbell back to shoulder.
5. SS* Cable Rope Standing Front Raise (facing the stack) / Cable Rope Upright Row (High Pull) / Cable Rope Lying Face Pulls
NOTE: Going front raise to upright row (high pull) and then to facepulls. Anywhere from 8-12 reps for each one.For the lying facepulls you will just have to move the pulley up. And remember to turn your thumbs back on the facepull.
6.BURNOUT: Barbell Up and Overs to Failure for TIME
HOW TO: barbell start in front, then shoulder press, push the bar up over the head then back behind the head. Then behind the neck press up over the head then back in front. These are fast!!! Im only using 45-55lbs.
NOTE: You are only do one set. So you are going to you can not go anymore!! The barbell start in front just like a standing shoulder press. Then shoulder press, push the bar up over the head then back behind the head. Then behind the neck press up over the head then back in front. You re just going back and forth back and forth for as long as possible. These are fast!!! Im only using 45-55lbs.
12/2: LEGS (QUAD focus)
Leg Extension (Jose Raymond 45’s)
• 2 x 45 (15 top / 15 bottom/ 15 full ROM - first 5 of these hold at the top)
Think of these like 21’s…except instead of doing 7 of each you are doing 15 pulsing reps
For the FULL ROM reps, the first 5 of the 15 total reps I want you to hold for 2 secs at the top, then the last 10 just rep out
1. Front Squats or SSB Squat
2. SS* DB or Trap Bar Squats / DB Goblet Pulsing Squat
4 x 12/10/8/8
4 x 30 sec
NOTES: The Pulsing Goblet Squats you are not extending all the way up. You are just doing 1/2 rep squats in a pulsing fashion.
3. SS* Goblet Landmine Squat (heels elevated) / Sumo Landmine Pulsing Squat (bar low between legs)
• 4 x 8-10
• 4 x 30 sec
NOTE: You can can do this with a DB instead of landmine if you dont have a Tbar or landmine bar that you can use. The Sumo Landmine Squats you will drop the bar down between legs and do Pulsing Squats for 30 seconds straight. Pulsing you are not doing full reps, just 3/4 reps to keep the burn.
4. SS* 1.5 Rep Leg Extension / Bulgarian Split Squat
3 x 8-10
3 x 12-15
5. SS* Back Pedal Sled Drag / Sled Push (or Deadmill Sprints)
• 4 x 30 yards drag - 30 yard push
NOTES DRAG: Pull your shoulder blades back and down. Make a big chest. Lean back to start the movement. Drive your heels into the ground. Take small steps backward, keeping the tension on the quads. PUSH turn around, get low and push it back as fast you can, really driving with quads
NOTE: If you do not have a sled, you are doing 20 sec dead mill sprints, rest for 40 secs and do 4 total sets
1. Wide Grip Pull-up
3 x 10-12
NOTE: Use a band for assistance if needed.
2. Single Arm DB Row
• 4 x 12/10/10/8
3. SS* Wide Grip Pulldown / Close Underhand Grip Pulldown
• 4 x 10-12
• 4 x 10-12
4. Chest Supported Row / Chest Support Rear Delt T-Raise
• 4 x 12/10/8/8
4 x 10-12
5. Seated Cable Neutral Grip Wide Row
• 4 x 12/10/8/8
NOTE: Elbows out wide horizontally instead of low and tucked.
6. SS* Rope Cable Straight Pulldown / Rope Cable High Pulley Underhand Row
• 4 x 10-12
• 4 x 10-12
NOTE: Pulling under your chest while rotating your wrist (palm facing up) for the High Pulley Row
1. Explosive Push-up (hands just have to leave the ground)
2. SS* DB Incline Bench Press / Alternating DB Underhand Front Raise
3. SS* 1.5 Rep Bench Press / Seated DB or Plate Lateral Raise
NOTE: For the 1.5 reps bench, bring the bar down to your chest, go up about half way, back down to your chest, then up to full extension…and that is 1 rep. take a warmup or two, then start at about 50% of 1RepMAx and then if you can go each set, go for it.
4. SS* Decline Cable Fly / Reverse Cable Rear Delt Flys
5. SS* Low to High (Incline) Cable Fly / Low Pulley Cable standing Shoulder Press / Decline Push-up
6. SS* BW Dips / Plate Front Raise
NOTE: aim for at least 10 for both