4 Min HIIT: 20sec ON 10sec OFF
NOTE: You are going non-stop for 4 mins straight. First 20 sec is Explosive Push-Ups, then 10 sec off, basically to get ready for the next 20 seconds which is Squat Jumps. Go hard for 20sec, then off for 10 then back to push-ups. Basically 5 round of each.
Explosive push-ups your hands leave the ground as you push up. If you tire out, you can switch to just regular push-ups, just don't stop and keep moving!!!
15 min AMRAP: 3-6-9-12-15-18… Ascending Reps by 3’s
NOTE: Do 3 reps of Thrusters, TTB, and KB swings. Then 6 reps of each. Then 9 reps of each, and so on until the 15 min time runs out. No rest between rounds. Keep adding 3 reps if you get past 18 reps… you will do 21….etc. See how far you get!!!
CORE: 3 Rounds x 30 sec each
REST 60 secs between each round
Warm-Up (Glute Activation): 3 rounds 20 of each
NOTE: Use a booty band, a hip circle or resistance looped just above your knees. We are gonna activate out glutes first and fire them up for the rest of your workout.
1. Reverse Hack Squat
2. SS* Barbell Hip Thrust / Banded Hypers (2 sec pause)
NOTE: Hypers keep Upper back rounded to put emphasis on hamstring and glutes. 2 second pause on each and every rep and really squeeeze!
3. SS* Sprinter Bulgarian Squat / Band Kick Backs
NOTE: Do BOTH exercises before switching legs! Sprinter Bulgarians you are hinged forward, chest down, and dumbbells come down and touch on each side of foot.
4. SS* DB or Barbell Stiff Leg Deads / Leg Curls
NOTE: Do BOTH exercise before switching legs! You are letting the bar or dumbbell drift out to your toes for the stiff leg dead.
1. SS* Underhand Inverted Row / Leaning Bodyweight Skull Crusher
2. Close Grip Bench
3. 1.5 Rep Preacher Curl (machine or free weight)
NOTE: For 1.5 Rep, curl bar up, go back down half way, then curl back up to chest, and then extend all the way up…that is 1 rep
4. SS* Ez Bar Skull Crusher/ Ez-bar Close Grip Press
5. SS* EZ Bar Close Grip Curl / EZ bar Wide Grip Curl
6. ABS : 3 rounds x 30 sec
NOTE: Plank Arm Extension, start in plank position. Reach Right hand forward, reach Left hand forward, so that you are in a stretched out position. Reach right hand back, then left hand back, so you are back into high plank position. Alternate back and forth which hand starts.
1. SS* Lying Rope Cable Facepull / Standing Rope Wide Row
NOTE: Make sure to watch the video for really good cues on the facepull.
2. SS* DD Lateral Raise (Full ROM) / DB or Band Partial Laterals
NOTE: I prefer the resistance band for the partials, you can really get those quick little partials really pumping up your delts!!!
3. Seated Alternating Contraction HOLD Shoulder Press
NOTES: Key thing here is to not stack the weight so that everything is in line directly over shoulder. You lose tension in the shoulder and transfers to your tricep instead. So the arm that is in that static hold at the top, make sure to have a little bend in your elbow.
4. SS* Standing Cable Straight Bar Shoulder Press / Cable Wide Grip Upright Row
5. SS* Cable Single Arm Leaning Lateral Raise (between legs) / Cable Bent-Over Single Arm Rear Fly
NOTE: Don’t Switch arms till you do both exercises.
2. SS* Leg Press (feet low/close) / Leg Extensions
NOTE: Last set of leg press is just a drop set. Strip about half the plates of and get 10-12 more
3. Single Leg NO PUSH OFF Step Up
NOTE: The box or step does not have to be very high, 6 inches is plenty. The non-working leg, keep the top of your foot flat on the ground. If you are on your toe, you will most likely push off of it. Keep it completely flat on the ground and step up putting all the weight in that front leg
4. SS* Close Stance DB Front or Goblet Squat (heels elevated) / Plyo Wide to Narrow Jump Squats
NOTE: For the DB Front Squat I like to have the dumbbell’s vertical and resting on my shoulders. Plyo Wide to Narrow squats, keep these quick, you arent jumping high just wide/sumo then jump so your feet are close together.
5. SS* Single Leg Extension / Jumping Bulgarian Squat (chest up)
NOTE: For the jumping bulgarian you can try this first without weight. If you get 12-15 and could do more, try adding a couple llght dumbbells (10-15 lbs)
5 Sec Negative Wide Grip Pull-ups
NOTE: If you need to JUMP up to the pull-up it is totally fine. Put a bench underneathe the pull-up bar, jump up so that your chin is above the bar, then slowly lower down till your arms are extend for a 5 second count.
2. SS* Wide Pendlay Row / Bent Over DB Reverse Fly
3. SS* Seated Cable Row (wide grip, pull high, elbows wide) / Seated Cable Row (close, underhand, elbows tuck)
4. SS* Wide Lat Pulldown (front) / Standing Lat Pull High Row
NOTE:So the Standing Lat Pull high Row, you will not be sitting on the seat of the lat pulldown. Stand behind the seat, I place one foot up on the seat for stability. You row back with elbows wide, pulling towards upper chest. Drop set on last set of both.
5. TS* Straight Arm Rope Pulldown / Standing Rope Underhand Row (pull under chest) / Seated on Ground Rope Facepull
NOTE: Use Rope for all the exercises.
1.SS* Cable chest fly (pinkys together) / Reverse Cable Rear Delt Fly / Push-up
NOTE: Position the pulleys about shoulder height. You will go from a a chest fly fro 10 -12 reps and then go right into presses till failure. Keep elbows slightly bent and rotate wrists so that pinkys are together at peak contraction for flys. I leave the handles on, but I do not use the handle for the reverse flys. I then flip around and do cable flys stopping out in front of chest.
2. SS* DB High Incline Bench / Alternating DB Reverse Incline Front Raise & Lateral Raise
NOTE: High Incline is just the degree of the bench, which will be higher than normal. You are facing the bench for the the reverse incline front raise and lateral - chest support. alternating back and forth between front a d lateral.
3. SS* DB Bench Press (slight Incline) / DB Upright Row
NOTE: Using an adjustable bench, just put the back rest just one notch so its just not completely flat. If you do not have a an adjustable bench, then just do flat bench)
4. SS* Incline cable fly / Standing Cable Shoulder Press / Decline Push-up