1. Med Ball Push-up (Advanced - Stability ball push ups)
NOTE: Rest 90 secs in-between
2. SS* Incline DB Rotational Press / Plate Raise
NOTE: The incline rotational press, you will be internally rotating as you press up and then externally as you come down. So you will start in your overhand (palms face away) grip, at full extension you will end up in a reverse (palms face you) grip and pinky together. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d2hD0vC4jE
3. SS* Flat Bench Fly Press / Seated Lateral Raise
NOTE: The elbows aren't exactly locked in a slightly bent position—there's some opening and closing, but not to the degree you see with a chest-pressing motion. The rationale here is to utilize movements that combine characteristics of both a compound and isolation movement..
4. SS* Dual Cable Superman Press (Trap Press) / Dual Cable Incline Facing Low to High Fly
NOTE: Using an incline bench, place it between the Cable Cross. Lie facing chest down on incline with handles in both hands, up by shoulders just like a shoulder press. You are just press up like a shoulder press, but you are on an angle. Then transition right into a low to high fly from that same position.
5. TS* Reverse Cable Fly / Flat cable chest fly/ Decline Push-up (feet on bench) /
NOTE: pulley at a setting above you head, makes it easier to do the reverse flys.
1. TS* Incline Facing DB W Raise / Incline DB Reverse Fly / Incline DB High Wide Row (elbows wide)
NOTE: W-raise, arms come up to make a w- with the arms. Hands will be above elbows, elbows pointed down, making a "W" with your arms. Your thumbs point back behind you.
2. Wide Grip (3 sec eccentric)
NOTE: Use a band for assistance! I will be using one too, so dont feel bad! Im using a light one so that my form is strict and im not pulling with my shoulders
3. Single Leg Bent-over Rows
NOTE You will be in single leg stance with dubbells at the side of the leg on the ground. The purpose for this is create less stress on the back.You'll also be forced to eliminate any momentum, cheating, or technique issues. Any aberrations in form will immediately disrupt balance. Ideally you should be able to handle at least 70% of the weight you use for standard bent-over rows. If you're unable to do this, then you need to work on your single-leg balance
If balance is not a strong suit, do the single leg bent over, but place the toe of other leg on top of a bench kinda like a bulgarian.
4. SS* Neutral Grip Pulldown / Neutral Grip High Row
NOTE: The neutral grip high row can be done at the latpull down, just stand up, place one foot up on the seat for balance.
5. SS* Seated Cable Row (wide grip) / Seated Cable Row (close underhand grip)
3. Single Arm Smith Machine Row
NOTE: Stand to the side of the bar and bend over creating a 90 degree angle with your body, then slowly reach down with the arm on the side of the bar and grip with a neutral grip.
1. SS* Booty Band Lateral Walks & Squats / Frog Reverse Hypers
2. SS* Leg Extensions + PARTIALS / Alternating DB Squat (DB at sides) with DB Front Squat (DB up on front of shoulders)
NOTE: Start with DB at your sides, squat down, as you come up you will clean the weights up to your shoulder so by the time your are standing up the dumbbell will be sitting vertical on your shoulders (palms facing in, thumb down, pinky up). Then squat down in front squat, once you get beck back to standing you will just drop the dumbbells back down to your sides…..and continue. 10 reps each form or 20 total reps.
NOTE: For the Leg Extensions You are doing 10 full reps, through the entire range of motion. Then you will do 10 partials from the top. These are small pulsing reps at the peak contraction
3. SS* Leg Curl + PARTIALS / Vertical Leg Press
NOTE: Leg Curls performed the same way as Extensions.
4. SS* DB Single Leg RDL / Body Weight Pistol Squat (heel elevated)
NOTE: You can use assistance for the Pistol Squats by wrapping a resistance band around a pole then holding on to a resistance band, perform pistol squat. You can pull on the band to help you get up.
5. SS* Elevated Front Foot DB Reverse Lunge / Lateral Box Shuffle
Lateral Box Shuffle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhTCku3TYkk
1. Front Raise to Lateral Raise Combo
NOTE: 1 rep = front to lateral then lateral to front. These are tough, so start out light. Make sure to watch the video link. these are not two separate movements, they are meshed together to create one movement.
2. Neutral Grip Front Raise to Push Press Combo
NOTE: Front Raise to Shoulder Press, dumbbells will come to the front in a neutral grip front raise, when dumbbells reach shoulder height, elbows will bend so weight come back to your shoulders. As soon as the weights come back to shoulders, press them up in a neutral grip push press. This is similar to a Hang Clean & Press, but in a neutral grip position the entire time!
3. SS* Strict 1.5 Rep DB Lateral Raise / Regular DB Lateral Raise / Band Pulsing Laterals
NOTE: The 1.5 rep lateral raise, you keep your arms are pretty strict at your sides, raise DB up to shoulder height, come down half way, back up to shoulders, then all the way down….that is one rep. You do 6-8 of the 1.5 reps, then you go to regular full range DB Laterals , keeping the same exact weight for 8-10, these can start more out in front of you. Then lastly drop DB and if you have a resistance band you will do 10-12 With Resistance band. I do pulsing/partial reps very fast to really get the blood pumped up in your shoulders.
4. SS* Seated DB Reverse Fly / Seated Wide Row / Standing DB Upright Row
5. Ground L-Sit Alternating Single Shoulder Press
NOTES: Sitting on the Ground, obviously makes it much hard, so make sure you start light, sit tall and keep toes flexed.
1. KB Hammer Curl / KB Lying Skull Crusher
NOTE: If you do not have kettlebells then just do dumbbells instead.
2. SS* Incline DB Close Grip (Hex) Press / Diamond Push-up
3. Preacher Curl 21’s
4. SS* Bodyweight Leaning Skull Crusher / Seated 1.5 rep Dumbbell Curls
NOTE: For the 1.5 rep curls, go up for a full rep, come all the way down, come up half way, back down = 1 rep
5.SS* Single Arm Preacher Curl (using incline bench) / Single Arm Overhead Tricep Extension.
6. ABS: 3 Rounds x
1. Box Squats
NOTE: Set the box low enough so that you are getting at least 90degrees parallel.
2. SS* DB RDL / DB 1.5 Rep Sumo Goblet Squat
NOTE: 1.5 Rep Sumo Goblet, go down all the way into a squat, come up halfway, back down in deep sumo squat, then all the way up = 1 rep.
3. Lateral Lunge + Knee to Chest Punch
NOTE: Hold one dumbbell in neutral grip at shoulder, step out to side, lunge and then push HARD off that leg driving your knee high up to your chest, then right back out into lateral lunge. This will cause for some stability so keep your core tight!
4. SS* Heels Elevated DB Squat (weight at sides) / Weighted Wall-sit
NOTE: Hold weight as long as you can, if you need to drop the weight and stay in it till you get 45 secs
5. SS* Weighted Frog Reverse Hypers / Banded Hypers
NOTE: light weight between your feet for the frog reverse hypers.
4 Min HIIT: 20sec ON 10sec OFF
NOTE: You are going non-stop for 4 mins straight. First 20 sec is jumping mountain climbers, then 10 sec off, basically to get ready for the next 20 seconds which is hollow body rocks. Go fro 20, then off for 10 then back to spiderman push-ups.
BLOCK 1: 20 min AMRAP
Rest 90 sec between each