1. Med Ball Push-up (Advanced - Stability ball push ups)
NOTE: place feet up on a bench, so that you are in a plank. Hands will be on the sides of ball, with fingers pointed out. Rest 90 secs in-between
2. SS* Wide Grip Assisted Pull-up / Resistance Band Pull-Aparts
NOTE: I'm using a light band for the pull-ups and I'm suggesting you all use a band too to use your back and not use shoulders.
3. SS* Glute Bridge Floor DB Fly / Defecit Push-up (on DB)
NOTE: Pinkys together at the top of the fly. Exaggerate the stretch of the deficit push-up. Chest below shoulders.
4. Alternating DB Bentover Low Row to Wide Row
NOTE: Bent-over Low Row, elbows tucked and pull Dumbbell towards your hip. Wide Row, elbows are wide, pull dumbbells higher towards your chest
Arnold Incline Press, will look the same as Arnold shoulder press except that yu will be on an incline and hitting chest instead of shoulders. Incline DB Low Row, you just lie chest down on incline and Row Db back towards hips.
5. Incline DB Rotational Press / Resistance Band Flys
NOTE: The incline rotational press, you will be internally rotating as you press up and then externally as you come down. So you will start in your overhand (palms face away) grip, at full extension you will end up in a reverse (palms face you) grip and pinky together. The band flys, just loop a band around a pole, brace yourself either with your back against the pole, or leaning forward.
5. SS* Close Grip Underhand Pull-up / Dips
1. TS* Incline Facing DB W Raise / Incline DB Reverse Fly / Incline DB High Wide Row (elbows wide)
NOTE: W-raise, arms come up to make a w- with the arms. Hands will be above elbows, elbows pointed down, making a "W" with your arms. Your thumbs point back behind you.
2. SS* Standing Rotational Press * / Single Arm Bentover Rotational Row
WATCH Standing Rotational Press: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZNTdHX5iD8 This video will show you a strict version, and if you want to go a little heavier, it will show you a Push Press variation that you add your legs into the movement.
3. SS* Lateral Raise Dropset / Underhand Inverted Row
4. TS* Bent Arm Front Raise with Internal Rotation / DB High Pull
NOTE: then Bent Arm front raise with internal rotation is exactly what it says. You will do your front raise, with palms facing down, elbows will be bent, then at the top of the raise you will rotate in, like you are pouring a pitcher of water (thumbs down). Then go right to upright rows, then right to bentover row.
DB High Pull, similar to an upright row, however the weight will be higher than your elbows. So instead of pulling straight up, you kick the weight back towards you.
1. SS* Booty Band Lateral Walks & Squats / Frog Reverse Hypers
2. Alternating DB Squat (DB at sides) with DB Front Squat (DB up on front of shoulders)
NOTE: Start with DB at your sides, squat down, as you come up you will clean the weights up to your shoulder so by the time your are standing up the dumbbell will be sitting vertical on your shoulders (palms facing in, thumb down, pinky up). Then squat down in front squat, once you get beck back to standing you will just drop the dumbbells back down to your sides…..and continue. 10 reps each form or 20 total reps.
3. SS* KB or DB Goblet Squat (heels elevated) / Wide to Narrow Jump Squats
4. SS* DB Single Leg RDL / Body Weight Pistol Squat (heel elevated)
NOTE: You can use assistance for the Pistol Squats by wrapping a resistance band around a pole then holding on to a resistance band, perform pistol squat. You can pull on the band to help you get up.
5. SS* Elevated Front Foot DB Reverse Lunge / Lateral Box Shuffle
NOTE: WATCH this link for Lateral Box Shuffle. The goal is to have both feet land at the same time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhTCku3TYkk
Warm-up: Plank to Pike Push Backs 3 x 12
NOTE: start in high plank, push back so that you are in a pike. Then just move back and forth in-between plank to pike. Add a push up for more advanced.
1. Front Raise to Lateral Raise Combo
NOTE: 1 rep = front to lateral then lateral to front. These are tough, so start out light. Make sure to watch the video link. these are not two separate movements, they are meshed together to create one movement.
2. Neutral Grip Front Raise to Push Press Combo
NOTE: Front Raise to Shoulder Press, dumbbells will come to the front in a neutral grip front raise, when dumbbells reach shoulder height, elbows will bend so weight come back to your shoulders. As soon as the weights come back to shoulders, press them up in a neutral grip push press. This is similar to a Hang Clean & Press, but in a neutral grip position the entire time!
3. SS* Strict 1.5 Rep DB Lateral Raise / Regular DB Lateral Raise / Band Pulsing Laterals
NOTE: The 1.5 rep lateral raise, you keep your arms are pretty strict at your sides, raise DB up to shoulder height, come down half way, back up to shoulders, then all the way down….that is one rep. You do 6-8 of the 1.5 reps, then you go to regular full range DB Laterals , keeping the same exact weight for 8-10, these can start more out in front of you. Then lastly drop DB and if you have a resistance band you will do 10-12 With Resistance band. I do pulsing/partial reps very fast to really get the blood pumped up in your shoulders.
4. SS* Seated DB Reverse Fly / Seated Wide Row / Standing DB Upright Row
5. Ground L-Sit Alternating Single Shoulder Press
NOTES: Sitting on the Ground, obviously makes it much hard, so make sure you start light, sit tall and keep toes flexed.
1. Alternating DB Incline Iso Hold Press
NOTE:The Iso Hold Press, you are pressing with one arm and holding dumbbell in the down (stretched) position, then switch every single time. Do 5 reps with each arm alternating, then 5-8 reps together till failure.
2. Hollow Body DB Flat Bench
NOTE: Hollow Body means you are holding a hollow body on a bench with legs straight out. This will add more core into the movement because you will be balancing your body on the bench and bench pressing. Also keeping your legs off the ground will make this movement much more strict and isolate the chest more. So start out lighter than usual.
3. SS* Incline DB Close Grip (Hex) Press / Diamond Push-up
4. SS* Bodyweight Leaning Skull Crusher / Seated 1.5 rep Dumbbell Curls
NOTE: For the 1.5 rep curls, go up for a full rep, come all the way down, come up half way, back down = 1 rep
5.SS* Single Arm Preacher Curl (using incline bench) / Single Arm Overhead Tricep Extension.
6. ABS: 3 Rounds x
1. SS* DB Reverse Lunge Lunge Front Squat (DB on top pf shoulders) / Jumping Lunges
NOTE: dumbbells at your sides format the reverse lunge, then I swing them up to my shoulders for the front squat...then back down as you go back into a reverse lunge.
2. SS* DB 1.5 Rep Sumo Goblet Squat / Weighted Frog Reverse Hypers
NOTE: 1.5 Rep Sumo Goblet, go down all the way into a squat, come up halfway, back down in deep sumo squat, then all the way up = 1 rep. Light Dumbbell between your feet for the Frog Reverse Hypers
3. Lateral Lunge + Knee to Chest Punch
NOTE: Hold one dumbbell in neutral grip at shoulder, step out to side, lunge and then push HARD off that leg driving your knee high up to your chest, then right back out into lateral lunge. This will cause for some stability so keep your core tight!
4. SS* Heels Elevated DB Squat (weight at sides) / Weighted Wall-sit
NOTE: Hold weight as long as you can, if you need to drop the weight and stay in it till you get 45 secs
5. Bulgarian Jumping Squat (with or without DB’s)
4 Min HIIT: 20sec ON 10sec OFF
NOTE: You are going non-stop for 4 mins straight. First 20 sec is jumping mountain climbers, then 10 sec off, basically to get ready for the next 20 seconds which is hollow body rocks. Go fro 20, then off for 10 then back to spiderman push-ups.
BLOCK 1: 20 min AMRAP
Rest 90 sec between each