Wide to Narrow Push-ups
2. DB Incline Rotational Press (pinkys together) / DB Incline Around the World
NOTE: Around the Worlds, thumbs touch at the top over head, then circle down under your chest, with pinkys touching.
3. SS* Flat Bench Press / Flat Bench Svend (Hex) Press
NOTE: Bring dumbbells or plates together touching, with palms facing, and really squeeze them together as you press up and down for the Svend Press. I'm actually using the same weight for both exercises. Just bring dumbbells together and rep out as many as you can.
4. SS* Singe Arm Crossbody Low to High Fly / Dips
NOTE: Singe Arm Underhand Crossover Incline Fly, is a standing incline (low to high) fly. You are doing one arm at a time so that you can crossover and go from hip to opposite shoulder with an underhand grip.
The dips can either be done at a dip station bar, between two benches, or between two chairs. If using chairs, to get more emphasis on chest, tuck your knees to you chest almost like curling into a ball, instead of having your feet out in front of you.
5. SS* Standing Flat Cable Fly / Standing Flat Cable Press / Push-ups
NOTE: The difference between cable fly and cable press, is the bend in the elbow. For the fly your elbow is slightly bent and it stays in that fixed position throughout the entire movement. You will do 8-10 flys and then switch right into presses by bending your elbow on the way back and then as you push forward your elbows will straighten just as you would a press.
Warm-Up: 3 x 10 each
1. SS* Rope Straight Arm Pulldown / Lying Cable Rope Facepulls / Seated Cable High Pulley Wide Row
NOTE: You are going from straight arm pulldown, to sitting on the ground face pulls, and then to a wide row. Elbow wide on the row to hit rear delts and upper back/traps.
2. T-Bar Row (overhand shoulder width grip)
NOTE: You can also just do a Bentover Barbell Row if you do not have an actual T-bar.
3. SS* Neutral Grip Pulldown / Neutral Grip High Row (stay at lat pulldown)
NOTE: I'm using a neutral medium (shoulder width) grip bar for both of these exercises. For the Standing High Row, you stay at the lat pulldown station, stand up, put one foot up for stability and you are just perform a high row, pulling towards your chest with elbows wide.
4. SS* Seated Wide Grip Cable Row / Seated Underhand Cable Row
NOTE: Staying at the same seated row station, you are just switching your grip from wide grip overhand to an underhand grip
5. Alternating Single Lat Pulldown
1. SS* Extension / Leg Curls
2. TS* Landmine Stiff Leg Deads / Landmine Sumo Squat Goblet Sumo Squats / Pulsing bodyweight Sumo Squat
NOTE: Pulsing Sumo Squats drop the weight and you are just doing the bottom part of the rep, pulsing just with bodyweight for 30 secs
3. TS* DB Squat Jumps (dumbbell at your sides) / Heels Elevated Narrow Stance DB Front Squat (or Goblet Squat) / Wall-sit
NOTES: I'm using the same weight for all of these. Whatever you use for the Squat Jumps, just throw them on your shoulders for the Front Squat. Then hold the as you do the wall-sits. Drop the weight if you need to until you get 60 seconds.
4. SS* DB Bulgarian Squats / Split Stance RDL
FINISHER: 5 MIN TABATA (20 SEC ON / 10 SEC OFF)
NOTE: You are going non-stop for 5 mins straight. First 20 sec is DB Hang Squat Cleans, then 10 sec off, basically to get ready for the next 20 seconds which is Lateral Bench Taps. Go for 20, then off for 10 then back to Hang Squat Cleans
1. SS* Bent-over Rear Delt Fly / Bent-over Wide row
NOTE: make sure you are pulling really wide on the row. Lead with elbow.
2. SS* Seated DB Lateral Raise (slight lean forward) / DB Upright Row
NOTE: So instead of sitting upright and raising arms out to sides like a “T.” I want you just to lean forward a little bit, this will put a little more isolation on that medial head.
3. Kneeling DB Windmill Shoulder Press
4. SS* Seated DB “Y” Raise / Seated DB Shoulder Press (elbows forward)
NOTE: Use the same weight for the press. So go as heavy as you can for the Y raise. For the Y raise, think of bringing your hands at 10:00 and 2:00 like a clock.
5. MEADOW 6-Way Shoulder Raise
1. SS* Underhand grip Pull-up / Cable Straight Bar Wide Curl
2. SS* Close Grip DB Hex Press / Close Grip Push-Up (elbows back)
3. SS* DB Alternating Iso hold DB Curl / DB Alternating Iso hold Lying Tricep Extension (skull crusher)
NOTE: Iso hold DB Curl, one arm holds in a flex position at the top, other arm extends down and back up in to flex, then switch. Do 5-6 alternating with each arm then together for 5-6 more reps. Iso hold Tricep Extension: one arm holds in flex position at the top in extension, bends and comes back up and then switch. Do 5-6 alternating with each arm then together for 5-6 more reps.
4. SS* Cable Rope Tricep Extension / Cable Rope Lying Hammer Curl
5. ABS : 2-3 rounds 30 sec each
1. TS* Booty Blaster:
2. Alternating KB Deadlift to Goblet Squat
NOTE: KB comes down and touches ground between feet, as you extend up, you will toss the KB up into a goblet, then do a goblet squat. At the top you will drop the KB back down for the deadlift. For a little more Stretch you can elevate yourself up on two steps or thick plates for better range of motion on the deadlift.
3. SS* Front Hack Squat (narrow stance, toes slightly out) / Reverse Hack Goodmornings
4. SS* DB Deficit Reverse Lunge + Curtsy Lunge
NOTE: Elevate your foot on a low step or couple plates on the ground. It does not need to be very high, maybe like 3-6 inches. Front foot is on the step, you will step back in a reverse lunge, then step that foot forward, then step it back but in a curtsy lunge…that is 1 rep
5. SS* DB Single Leg Deadlift + High Knee / Jumping Bulgarian Split Squat
NOTE: Hold a single dumbbell or KB in the opposite hand of the leg that is working. Touch dumbbell or KB to the ground, inside the toe, while extending other leg straight back, as you come back to upright, bring your knee up to your chest. Try not to touch the ground the entire time unless you lose balance.
No weight needed on the jumping bulgarian squats
4 Min HIIT: 20sec ON 10sec OFF
NOTE: You are going non-stop for 4 mins straight. First 20 sec is Spider Man Push-up, then 10 sec off, basically to get ready for the next 20 seconds which is Squat Jump. Then off for 10 then back to Spiderman push-ups. Its only 20 seconds so you are doing as many as you can do!
AMRAP 16 MIN
NOTE: I use the same weight for everything. Around 35’s if using dumbbells, and 65-75 for a barbell.
CORE Circuit: 3 Rounds x 30 sec each